Merlion is the franco-singaporean Hubert Curien Partnership.
The Merlion programme aims to create or strengthen existing scientific cooperation between France and Singapore. This programme has been created in 2006 and was launched by the French Embassy and the following Singaporean partners:
- Four Singaporean universities: National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD),
- The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR),
- The Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI).
The purpose of this fourteenth call for proposals is:
- To provide support for joint scientific and technological projects,
- To enable scientists to meet and implement collaborative projects,
- To encourage the creation and development of scientific networks between France and Singapore and joint research laboratories jointly,
- To facilitate technology transfer and the creation of start-ups.
The Merlion programme consists of three types:
- Merlion Project,
- Merlion Workshop,
- Merlion Ph.D.